Pupsnap

Blog + News

Treat your dog to Classical music instead of Heavy Metal

The effect of music on your dog has been proven according to the Universities Federation of Animal Welfare. It appears that certain types of music have soothing qualities and can actually help the welfare of dogs that are in animal shelters at the same time there are other types of music that can agitate dogs and definitely should not be played around dogs in a shelter environment.

One type of music that you definitely do not want to play is that of “Heavy Metal”. When dogs listen to this type of heavy metal music they can become nervous and agitated. The effect of the heavy metal music can even make the dogs bark. A study was done by the Universities Federation of Animal Welfare and they found that all dogs regardless all breed, size, or age became very agitated.

Classical music, on the other hand, was found to calm and soothe dogs. At the Arizona Animal Welfare League they played classical music in their shelter and found that it did calm the dogs. In a study performed in Northern Ireland they found that music from Vivaldi’s “Four Seasons” that was used along with other classical pieces would calm the dogs to such a point many of them would lie down. It appears that using classical music when an owner is absent may help decrease separation anxiety symptoms in their pets.

Pop music does not appear to have a noticeable effect on dogs. If there is, in fact, any effect pop music has owned dogs it appears that the effect is negligible. Although research on studies have been conducted on the effective other types of music the results of not proven to have any effect on dogs.

In conclusion, then, it would appear that if you want to calm your dog and reduce any anxiety it would be beneficial to play classical music.

Tags: , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “Treat your dog to Classical music instead of Heavy Metal”

1. Pet Relocation Company April 28, 2013 at 4:04 am #

I just came across your blog and wanted to
    drop you a note telling you how impressed I
    was with
    the information you have posted here.
    If you have a moment, please visit my site:
    It covers Pet Transportation related subjects.
    I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

2. Ingeborg June 7, 2013 at 12:27 am #

What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious
    experience concerning unexpected emotions.

3. truck parts & accessories June 22, 2013 at 12:55 pm #

Retailing jobs such as merchandising, sales, supervision, and others rank
    as the best jobs for retired people. In some states the Secretary of State is the office that regulates charities.

Also check for little objects, like stones or nails that might
    have become embedded in the tire and make sure
    the sidewalls have not been damaged in any way as this can cause problems when you’re driving at a high speed.

4. dentist everett wa September 11, 2013 at 10:51 pm #

This is the right site for anyone who wants to find out about this topic.

You realize so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that
    I really would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh
    spin on a topic that’s been written about for decades.

Excellent stuff, just excellent!

5. http://www.gigasize.com October 7, 2013 at 8:36 am #

Flat if you do not vend an cite to behind closed doors entrepreneurs, there
    is count me out anticipate of reconstitution in the labor market and in the accord employer – employee.
    You might want to turn them on to read dialouge over other sounds in the game.

Instead of listing those DVDs for sale individually,
    sell them together in one lot.

6. Beachbody October 17, 2013 at 1:07 pm #

This is a high intensity workout, therefore average to above average physical fitness is strongly recommended.

Renovage was shown to promote longer life for skin cells. THE Technique – One of the good added benefits of being a Beach Entire body Coach, is the Shakeology Purchaser Lead Allocation.

7. anabolic cooking October 17, 2013 at 5:41 pm #

Dill weed is more common than dill seed when it comes to cooking, likely because of dill weed’s mild flavor
    and pleasing texture. Newspapers are also usually a combination
    of text and graphics – and include the element of assigning importance though the size of the print.
    Starting over at 52, Chris launched his own software business.

8. Celeste October 19, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

I am curious to find out what blog system
    you’re utilizing? I’m having some minor security problems with my latest website and I would like to find something more
    secure. Do you have any solutions?

9. Beauticontrol December 5, 2013 at 7:38 am #

The results of a color analysis are only as accurate as the tools and surroundings
    used. Members will be placed in groups of six, and each member of the group will
    be COTM twice per year. There is an affordable at home microdermabrasion
    creme with a hand-held battery operated buffing system, that produce visable youthful results.

10. faille starpass February 9, 2014 at 4:15 pm #

Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
    I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives for another
    platform. I would be great if you could point me in the
    direction of a good platform.

11. Paul May 8, 2014 at 12:02 pm #

Now how, can you avoid the condition from occurring when one already has the causative variables inside each of
    us? Even though in the body that is healthy these microbes are kept
    in verify by helpful bacteria and an operational immune program, a
    combination of certain situations can wreck this wholesome
    balance. There are a lot of variables that bring on yeast infection.
    Now that we have Infection No Much more, we need to no longer worry about this problem.It is
    identified that concerning 70 to 75 percent of females around the world are infected with yeast.
    In order to help you in eradicating Candida infections, Linda Allen’s Yeast Infection
    No More offers private information and data, along with analysis stating proof of the cure’s
    effectiveness.

12. They can form on those with bigger tonsils or those that produce too much oral bacteria.
    In this case, there is a specific type of bacteria
    that becomes present in higher numbers and increases the production of sulphuric compounds in someone’s mouth.
    The tobacco smoke encourages bacterial growth by sticking to the teeth.

13. mlksac.org August 13, 2014 at 8:37 pm #

Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m
    thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring
    blog blogger but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any points for newbie blog writers?
    I’d genuinely appreciate it.

14. importando com sucesso funciona June 20, 2015 at 2:27 am #

During the mid-19th century, women abandoned their bonnets and began tying their hair up once more.
    You will see the projected total of your order which might change
    slightly depending on the weight of produce or other items and of course taxes.
    Soon enough, you’ll find that major bargain and
    get that awesome feeling of accomplishment again.